OPEN WATER DIVER
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
HOW CAN YOU START LEARNING NOW?
Enroll in Open Water Diver Online – PADI’s eLearning option – and you can start learning right away. PADI Open Water Diver Online gives you the background information you need to dive safely and allows you to study at your own pace through an interactive computer-based program. Get started now!
How Long Does it take?
The time to complete the PADI Open Water course depends on whether you complete the eLearning knowledge in advance or at Barefoot Divers.
- With eLearning completed: approx. 3 days
- Full Course: 4 – 5 days (8:00 AM – 4:00 PM) depending on the student’s comfort level and ability to progress through the course skills. Additionally, there is reading to do on your own time in the evenings.
PADI Open Water Diver Certification
No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
Must be 10 years old or older
Need adequate swimming skills
Need to be in good physical health
SCUBA GEAR Rental Included during the course AT BAREFOOT DIVERS
- buoyancy control device (“BCD”)
Barefoot Divers is a full-service, 5-star PADI dive resort, recognized for its valet scuba diving. What this means: we do the work, you have the fun!